SEC QB Rankings
By Southern Pigskin Staff
Follow us at Twitter.com/SouthernPigskin. Become a fan at the SouthernPigskin.com Facebook Page
Ranking the top ten quarterbacks in the Southeastern Conference.
1. Nick Marshall, Auburn -- After scoring 26 total touchdowns and leading the Tigers to the BCS National Championship Game, Marshall is now the heart and soul of one of the leading title frontrunners. His skill set is the perfect fit for head coach Gus Malzahn's offensive scheme.
2. Bo Wallace, Ole Miss -- With 54 total touchdowns in two years, Wallace is one of college football's most dynamic signal callers. He struggled down the stretch last fall, however, and must continue to reduce his interception total.
3. Dylan Thompson, South Carolina -- Now a senior, Thompson has seen significant time the last two years in a reserve role behind Connor Shaw. He threw ten touchdown passes in 2012, pacing the Gamecocks in key wins over Clemson and Michigan.
4. Dak Prescott, Mississippi State -- Prescott is a true do-it-all talent. Last season alone, he passed for ten scores, ran for 13 more and even had two touchdown receptions. Prescott topped the 100-yard mark rushing against Auburn, LSU and Texas A&M in division.
5. Maty Mauk, Missouri -- With injuries slowing starter James Franklin, Mauk played beyond his years in helping the Tigers advance to the SEC Championship Game. As a sophomore, the goal now is consistency.
6. Jacob Coker, Alabama -- Expectations are high for the Florida State-transfer, who returns to his home state with the look and feel of a big-time player. Coker went to the same high school as the quarterback he is replacing, A.J. McCarron.
7. Jeff Driskel, Florida -- The Gator offense struggled mightily without Driskel, who scored 16 total touchdowns in 2012. Most believe he will be a good fit for the offensive system of new coordinator Kurt Roper.
8. Hutson Mason, Georgia -- An injury to Aaron Murray allowed Mason to get his feet wet late last season. The fifth-year senior has patiently waited his turn and will get a chance to showcase his skills in an offense he knows well.
9. Kyle Allen, Texas A&M -- Rated as the top high school quarterback in the country, Allen comes to College Station as the high-profile heir-apparent to Johnny Manziel. Expect big numbers in Kevin Sumlin's offensive attack.
10. Patton Robinette, Vanderbilt -- Another quarterback forced in the lineup due to injury, Robinette learned on the fly a year ago. A versatile athlete, he gives the Commodores another running threat out of the backfield.